COHERE ARTS AIMS:
Cohere Arts is a community interest company providing opportunities for communities to engage with arts, culture and heritage through:
- Original performance works
- Creative health activities
- Knowledge sharing
We create inclusive, high-quality heritage-inspired performance works that connect people to where they live. Music is a strong thread through all our work. Our creative health programme is informed by clinical and academic evidence around the positive impacts of cultural engagement and its potential to improve health and wellbeing.
By prioritising accessibility, we create opportunities for marginalised communities (including people living with long term health conditions and disabilities) to meaningfully experience arts and culture. As a learning organisation, we actively seek to share our specific cross-sector knowledge on local, national and international platforms.
COHERE ARTS ETHOS:
Cohere Arts is a company of artists, community practitioners and educators who have come together because we share the same values:
- participants and professionals as one artistic company
- our work is about us, where we live & who lived here before us
- using stories from our history & heritage (both period & contemporary) as a stimulus for artistic response
- trust in the collaborative and creative process
- generosity and celebration of creative contributions
Cohere was founded by Amy Mallett in 2021. Company House registration no. 13178728.
We are a not-for profit organisation and all our work relies on project funding. If you’d like to get in touch with us about our work, or to make a donation, please complete the form below: