A modular online course
Are you an artist interested in using your creative specialism to support the health and wellbeing of others? Do you have an idea that you would like to develop into a sustainable arts-health practice?
The Creative Health Toolkit for Artists is modular training course designed to give you the tools you need to adapt and thrive in this growing space. Be guided in how to design a safe and effective creative health offer, find and apply for funding, and collect meaningful evidence of the impact of your work.
Led by Cohere Arts Artistic Director Dr Amy Mallett and Project Director Nicola Wydenbach, this interactive course will also offer a chance to connect with other artists developing their practice in this area.
Module 1: Adapting your practice
- Why apply your creative practice for health & wellbeing? What’s in it for participants and artists
- Background to the creative health movement & round up of current policy/strategy (including social prescribing)
- Practical considerations – What might your offer look like? How to establish & maintain a safe/accessible/inclusive environment – top tips for facilitators
Module 2: Fundraising knowhow
- Where to find funding for creative health projects/practice – local/national/grants/commissions/partnerships & collaborations
- Tips on building realistic budgets and writing effective applications – getting to grips with health language & terminology
- How to collect and use evaluation data to support funding applications/proposals
Module 3: Promoting your work
- Strategies for recruiting potential participants – understanding & addressing barriers to engagement
- How to frame & communicate your offer effectively to a range of audiences & stakeholders
- DIY multimedia marketing approaches that don’t cost the earth
Or drop us a line at email@example.com